Western Los Angeles County Council
2” x 2”
Snowshoe a minimum of 5 miles over a two day period with an overnight camp.
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
1. Meet all applicable General Requirements.
2. Each participant shall have earned two (2) Snowshoe Training Awards.
3. Minimum Snowshoing Distance of 5 miles over a two day period with an overnight camp.
4. Council Winter Backpack Awareness Course and the associated Snowshoeing Seminar is required for at least one registered adult going on the trip.
5. Minimum age shall be eleven (11) years or older and at the discretion of the adult leading the trip.
6. Check in and out with Ranger whenever and wherever possible.
7. Prepare a roster and itinerary for the trip. File with the Ranger if possible.
8. Location of trip shall be the unit's choice with the approval of an Approval Person from your council's High Adventure Team Approval Roster.
9. Location may be anywhere that has a minimum of five (5) inches of snow over the trip.
10. A person can earn as many of these awards as they wish during their Scouting career.
11. After the trip, have a H.A.T. Approval Person sign and approve the award application within a 10 day period.
12. These SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS shall supersede the General Requirements if there is an area of conflict.