Western Los Angeles County Council
2” x 2”
Snowshoe a minimum of 2.5 miles over a two day period with an overnight camp in snow.
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
1. Meet all applicable General Requirements.
2. Each applicant must have complete one (1) weekend winter conditioning hikes of not less than one (1) mile round trip with an overnight on the snow. Not required if participant has earned the Nordic Skiing Training award.
3. Minimum Snowshoe distance of 2.5 miles over a two day period with an overnight camp in snow.
4. Minimum age shall be eleven (11) years or older and at the discretion of the adult leader. Council Winter Backpack Awareness Course and the associated Snow Shoeing Seminar is required for at least one adult going on the trip.
5. Prepare a roster and itinerary for the trip. File it with the Ranger if possible. Check in and out with the Ranger whenever and wherever possible.
5. Location of trip shall be the unit's choice with the approval of an Approval Person from your council's High Adventure Team Approval Roster. Location may be anywhere that has a minimum of five (5) inches of snow over the entire trip.
7. A person can earn only two (2) of these awards during their Scouting career. After the trip, have a H.A.T. Approval Person sign and approve the award application within a 10 day period.
9. These SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS shall supersede the General Requirements if there is an area of conflict.