Silver Fir Trail
Verdugo Hills Council
4” x 4”
Backpack 2+ nights on trails near the Camp Silver Fir in the Western Sierras, east of Fresno/Clovis.
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
1. Each person must complete 2 conditioning hikes and 2 overnight backpacks prior to hiking the Silver Fir Trail.
2. It is required that units spend the first night (prior to leaving on the trail) at Camp Silver Fir to acclimatize, and that they check in with the Campmaster at Silver Fir prior to leaving on the trail. Units must make advanced reservations for Camp Silver Fir through the Verdugo Hills Council.
3. Units must obtain wilderness and fire permits from the Forest Service.
4. Participants must spend a minimum of two (2) nights on the trail.
5. Each participant must complete a minimum of 10 backpacking hours during the Trip.
6. Each participant must complete a 1‑hour conservation project approved by a local Ranger, or the Silver Fir Campmaster before the Trip, or while on the Silver Fir trail, or at camp silver fir.
7. It is required that units check in and make a written report of your Trip to the Silver Fir Campmaster upon returning from the trail..
8. Units must pack out and properly dispose of any trash generated on the Silver Fir trail.
9. While on the trip/trail adhere to the seven (7) principles of leave no trace outdoor ethics:
a. Plan Ahead and Prepare
b. Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
c. Dispose of waste properly
d. Leave What You Find
e. Minimize Campfire Impacts
f. Respect Wildlife
g. Be Considerate of Other Visitors
10. Comply with the Area 4 GENERAL REQUIREMENTS.