Western Los Angeles County Council
3” x 2”
Backpacking trip must start and end at Camp Wolverton, Sequoia National Park. Minimum time on trail - 6 days and 5 nights, backpacking distance must be a minimum distance of 50 to 55 miles (25 hrs.), days and nights spent at Camp Wolvertondo not count toward hike.
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
1. Meet all applicable General Requirements.
2. Outing leader or another 21 year old adult going on trip must have completed the Basic Backpack Awareness Course.
3. An approved Conservation project of six (6) ours per participant is required. Participants must show evidence of completion.
4. Make advanced reservations at the Council Service Center Camping Department. Pay fees. Failure to do so can disqualify the participants from the award.
5. Recommended age is 11 years old or older. Prior to departure, each Scout must demonstrate the following scout skills or have earned the following Merit Badges. Camping, Cooking and Hiking. Adult and Venturers must have the equivalent knowledge. Outing leader to verify compliance.
6. An itinerary must be reviewed prior to starting the trip by the Council High adventure Team and one must be filed with the Camp Director at Camp Wolverineupon arrival.
7. Trip must start and end at Camp Wolverton, Sequoia National Park. Minimum time on trail - 6 days and 5 nights, backpacking distance must be a minimum distance of 50 to 55 miles (25 hrs.), days and nights spent at Camp Wolvertondo not count toward hike.
8. Each participant, including adults, must complete a minimum of three (3) conditioning overnight backpacking trips, including one at, or near, the altitude of the proposed trip, within three months prior to departing on the trip.
9. These SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS shall supersede the General Requirements if there is an area of conflict.