Ranger Jim Award
Western Los Angeles County Council
3” x 4”
A conservation award established by Troop 317 of Canoga Park, CA. to honor the Rangers of Angeles National Forest for their hard work and dedication to nature and the environment, and for their strong support of the Boy Scouts of America Trail Boss Programs.
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
1. Meet all applicable General Requirements, (pgs. x & xi).
2. Registered Girl Scouts 11 years and older may earn this award.
3. Must be earned in a National Forest, preferably the Angeles National Forest.
4. Conservation project must be approved by a National Forest Representative.
5. Each participant must do a minimum of twelve (12) hours of conservation.
6. Each participant must have a minimum of five (5) nights camping while conducting their approved (minimum 12 hrs.) conservation project.
7. Award application must be signed by an approved HAT certified Trail Boss upon completion and within ten (10) days, submit application to your HAT award approval person.
8. These SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS shall supersede the General Requirements if there is an area of conflict.