Patrick Aubuchon Conservation Award
Verdugo Hills Council
2” X 2”
This award was developed in honor of Patrick Aubuchon, long-time leader and teacher of high adventure. He introduced many Scouts and leaders to backpacking, conservation and trail boss activities, and was awarded the BSA's William T Hornaday Gold Medal.
Earn either the Dinkey Lakes Loop Trail Award or the Silver Fir Trail Award, and make a presentation about outdoor ethics and the HornadayAward.
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
1. Meet all applicable Area 4 High Adventure GENERAL REQUIREMENTS.
2. Boy Scouts, Venturers, and adult leaders may earn this award.
3. Girl Scouts 11 years and older and adult leaders may earn this award.
4. Earn either the Dinkey Lakes Loop Trail Award or the Silver Fir Trail Award..
5. Units must practice Leave No Trace and pack out and properly dispose of any trash generated in earning either award.
6. Learn about and write a short summary of the history and requirements of the William T. Hornaday Awards for units and individuals.
7. A Make a presentation about Outdoor Ethics (Leave No Trace and/or Tread Lightly!) and the Hornaday
Awards to a Cub Scout Pack or Boy Scout Troop.
8. These specific requirements shall supersede the General Requirements if there is an area of conflict.
Note on the awards patch:
The water represents the Dinkey Lakes, and the mountains represent the "Three Sisters;'.