Nordic Skiing Training
Western Los Angeles County Council
2” x 2”
Ski a minimum skiing distance of 2.5 miles over a two day period, with an overnight campout on the snow.
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
1. Meet all applicable General Requirements.
2. Each applicant must have completed one (1) weekend winter conditioning hike without skiis of not less than one (1) mile round trip with an overnight on the snow. Not required if participant has earned the Snowshoe Training award.
3. Minimum skiing distance, 2.5 miles over a two day period, with an overnight campout on the snow.
4. Minimum age shall be eleven (11) years or older and at the discretion of the adult leader. Council Winter Backpack Awareness Course and the associated Nordic Skiing Seminar is required for at least one adult going on the trip.
5. Prepare a roster and itinerary for the trip. File with the Ranger if possible. Check in and out with Ranger whenever and wherever possible.
6. Location of trip shall be the unit's choice with the approval of an Approval Person from your Council's High Adventure Team Approval Roster. Location may be anywhere good skiing conditions exist over the trip.
7. A person can earn only two (2) of these awards during their Scouting career.
8. After the trip, have a H.A.T. Approval Person sign and approve the award application within a 10 day period.
9. These SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS shall supersede the General Requirements if there is an area of conflict.