Mt. San Jacinto Award
San Diego - Imperial
2'' x 2''
Complete a backpack of 2 or 3 consecutive days with at least one night's camp at Little Round Valley, Round Valley, Tamarack Valley or the Summit.
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
MT. SAN JACINTO
All unit leaders should obtain a current copy of San Diego Trek Aid #104 "San Gorgonio and San Jacinto". This pamphlet contains maps, hike profiles, suggested routes, camping, history and other valuable information.
1. Complete a backpack of 2 or 3 consecutive days with at least one night's camp at Little Round Valley, Round Valley, Tamarack Valley or the Summit.
2. Each individual, to qualify, must reach the summit of one of the following Peaks: San Jacinto (10,804'), Jean (10,566'), or Marion Mountain (10,332'); for Marion Mt. it is not necessary to make the 3rd class rock climb the last 9- 20' to reach the absolute top.
3. Scouts must be Second Class or above. All climbers must have participated in training and conditioning backpacks.
4. Use of Tram disqualifies participants, see San Diego Trek Aid #104.
5. Violations of the Wilderness Use Regulations of the San Jacinto Wilderness is cause for disqualification of eligibility for the award. Comply with General Requirements of Trek Aid #104.