High Sierra Trek Award
San Diego - Imperial
8½'' x 5''
Complete 6 backpacking Treks which qualify for "High Sierra Segments" in 6 different areas of the 10 described in the High Sierra Segments in this chapter.
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
HIGH SIERRA TREK AWARD
This is a "restricted" Award and requires High Adventure Team Approval before it can be purchased.
1. Complete 6 backpacking Treks which qualify for "High Sierra Segments" in 6 different areas of the 10 described in the High Sierra Segments in this chapter. Provide copies of approvals and tour permits when requesting the award.
2. If more than one area is being backpacked in one time period, the route and itinerary must be approved in advance, in writing, by the High Adventure Team. Routes and itineraries should be submitted to the High Adventure Team at least 3 months in advance.
3. Each Trek shall be preceded, within 2 weeks of the start of the Trek, by a Shakedown Backpack of all the Trek Group. It shall be an overnight backpack of 7-1/2 hours scheduled backpack time in 2 consecutive days with the night's camp at or above the following elevations: Domeland Wilderness - 7,000'; Kern Plateau -8,000'; Plummer Meadows - 8800; and all others including San Gorgonio and San Jacinto - 9,000'.
4. Each individual Trek shall be a point-to-point or loop Trek of at least 50 miles or 30 hours scheduled backpack time in a minimum of 6 consecutive days and 5 nights.
5. All Treks shall comply with the General Requirements of San Diego Trek Aid #105.