High Adventure Backpack Award
Greater Los Angeles
4'' x 4''
Complete a 5+ day backpacking trek on any public lands.
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
1. May be taken on any public lands.
2. Five days, four night minimum duration; one layover day in addition is recommended.
3. Backpack time of 25 or more scheduled hours.
4. Award recipient to have earned two weekend or equivalent awards within 90 days prior to trek.
5. Participating Scouts must be 12 or older; it is recommended that they be 13 or older.
6. Secure LAAC-HAT approval of a High Adventure Application at least one month prior to departure. A copy of the Trail Profile/Trail Schedule, the menu, and all other relevant planning materials must accompany it
7. Each participant must have had a medical examination using BSA Annual Health and Medical Record within a year prior to trek. It is strongly recommended that each be current as to a tetanus shot.
8. One participating adult must have completed BSA-conducted Adult Leaders Backpack Training.
9. One food drop is permitted, at the time and place of your choice