Old Salty Rat
San Diego - Imperial
Camp overnight in the Fiesta Island camping area, and in the morning follow a canoe route in the bay.
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
OLD SALTY RAT
1. Obtain, from the Trading Post, obtain a current copy of San Diego Trek Aid #101A, "Old Salty Rat".
2. All persons, both youth and adult, must have prior canoe training. Recommend Red Cross Canoe Training for adults and both canoe and swimming merit badges for youth.
3. Camp overnight in the Fiesta Island Group Camping Area. Permit and reservations required.
4. In morning: Load canoes with all personal equipment and all group equipment (should be in waterproof bags).
5. In loaded canoes follow the complete route as laid out in the TREK AID.
6. Cook hot lunch (cold snack disqualifies users) at some point along the route.
7. Life jackets will be worn by all youth and adults on the water.
8. Comply with the General Requirements.