Mt. Baden Powell
2'' x 2''
Climb to the peak of Mt. Baden-Powell (9,399 ft.)
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
1. Comply with the General Requirements.
2. Climb to the peak of Mt. Baden-Powell (9,399 ft.)
1. This award can be earned by B.S.A. units and their members including
Webelos. This hike is NOT RECOMMENDED for Cubs.
2. This award can be earned alone, or with other awards where you may
plan a climb of Mt. Baden-Powell.
3. Summer is the best time for this trip. The trail is closed during the
Winter months, usually from November to June.
4. Carry your drinking water for the hike from home. There is no
dependable source at the trailhead or on the trail.
A trail is located at Vincent Gap. From I-10 and I-215 proceed north on I-215, 22 miles to Cajon Junction, take Hwy. 138,
then Hwy 2 (West) 19.5 miles to Vincent Gap.
The Vincent Gap Trail is the most direct to the Peak. It ascends 2,800 ft. in a series of 41 switchbacks, 4 miles to the Peak.
In places it is steep and dangerous. NOTE that great care should be taken not to leave the trail or dislodge rocks which could
injure hikers below or destroy the trail by cutting switchbacks.