Lazy Rat Award
San Diego - Imperial
Plan and carry out a float trip on any river in a rubber raft or inner tube constructed raft (the Tom Sawyer variety).
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
1. Plan and carry out a float trip on any river in a rubber raft or inner tube constructed raft (the Tom Sawyer variety).
2. Duration: Minimum of 2 days and 1 night. Minimum length of float trip - 20 miles.
3. U.S. Coast Guard approved personal floatation devices (life jackets) must be worn at all times while afloat.
4. It is recommended that a power boat be used as a safety boat: but it shall be used for safety only.
5. All food and equipment must be carried by the participants in their own craft. Any person who rides in a power craft, whose craft is towed by a power craft, or whose equipment is carried by a power craft is immediately disqualified and shall not receive this award.
6. All participants will have previously completed the Swimming Merit Badge Requirements.
7. Comply with the General Requirements.