High Adventure Trip Driver
Western Los Angeles County Council
3½“ x 4½“ w/SEGMENTS
The High Adventure Trip Driver Award was established to recognize those adults who spend many hours behind the wheel of a motor vehicle, safely getting the participants to and from High Adventure activities.
The Award is a basic Red Decal with 1000, 2500, 5000, 7500 mile, Red Corner-Decals, and a 10,000 mile Golden Decal indicating miles driven to help Units, Districts, or Councils achieve successful High Adventure trips.
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
1. Retroactive to January 1, 1980.
2. Driver of a vehicle does not need to be a registered member of BSA.
3. Trips must be Unit, District, or Council approved High Adventure outings with approved B.S.A./G.S.A. Tour Permits.
4. Drivers of Motor Vehicles must have a valid current State Drivers License, show evidence of proper state insurance, must meet the age limits, as well as other requirements listed on approved Tour Permit.
5. Each vehicle shall meet their State Safety Standards including seat belts for each passenger.
6. Each vehicle should carry the following minimum emergency equipment: (Reference: BSA Tours and Expedition Booklet).
a. First Aid Kit
b. Fire Extinguisher (type approved for electrical fires)
c. Flashlight, Extra Batteries & Bulb
d. Road Flares
e. Road Distress Flags
It is recommended that each vehicle also carry the following additional equipment:
a. Usable Spare Tire & Jack
b. Basic Car Repair Kit
c. Extra Food and Water
e. Blanket & Extra Clothes
f. Tire Chains
g. Survival Kit