Forest Saver Award
Greater Los Angeles
5'' x 5''
This award program recognizes individual participation in forestry and associated construction and maintenance projects. This participation can be as part of a Unit service project or an Eagle project.
There are three categories of projects There are three categories of projects:
Campsite: campground or trail camp development, improvement, maintenance, and rehabilitation
Wildlife: habitat restoration, browse-way improvement, construction and maintenance of feeders and waterers, etc.
Forestry: plantation clearing, tree planting, tree thinning and pruning, etc..
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
1. Campsite award - six (6) hours of effort in that category.
2. Wildlife award - six (6) hours of effort in that category.
3. Forestry award - six (6) hours of effort in that category.
4. Forest Saver Award - earn the Campsite, Wildlife, and Forestry Awards and do an additional six hours of Forest Saver Project work..
5. Forest Saver medal - earn the Forest Saver Award and do an additional six hours of Forest Saver project work..
6. Use the Conservation Award Log from Hike Aid 7 to obtain awards.
The six hour projects for the Forest Saver Award and Medal may be in any of the three categories and may be performed at any time. Please refer to LAAC-HAT Hike Aid 7 "Forest and Trail Conservation"; for additional information about this award series. The Conservation Award Log is used to obtain awards.