Ventura County Council
4” x 4”
During a span of 1 year complete 25 hours of wilderness backpack Hiking within Ventura County.
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
1. Comply with the General Requirements. During a span of 1 year complete 25 hours of wilderness backpack Hiking within Ventura County. A minimum of 2 hiking hours and a maximum of 7 backpack hours per day will be accepted.
2. Take a minimum of 5 days with overnight camp to complete the trip. The days need not be consecutive.
3. Each participant must carry his backpack containing his personal equipment and his share of common camping equipment and food.
4. Each participant will have earned 2 training awards and 1 weekend-hike award before working on the Condor Award.
5. A total of no less than 5 hrs. should be set aside to clean, improve and pack-out trash from wilderness campsites. This requirement is for each individual and a complete report of these activities must be submitted with the final application.
6. Assign hiking jobs. Plan the hike or hikes using topo and field maps and prepare an itinerary. Prepare roster, pack list, menu, food lists, cooking gear lists and group gear list. Secure Tour Permits, and submit all of these lists to the Council Office ten (10) days in advance of the TREK.