Basin & Range Trails
Las Vegas Area Council
The award consists of Boulder Dam Area Council High Adventure Team round patch, featuring the official State Colors of the State of Nevada, and additional segments for specific areas in the Basin and Range Area. The round patch is ordered with the first segment earned and may not be awarded as an award unto itself.
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
1. At least one adult going on the hike must have completed the Basic Backpack Awareness Course. Comply with the General Requirements.
2. Be a registered member of Boy Scouts of America or Girl Scouts U.S.A.
3. Obtain Tour Permit and any other necessary permits. Attach reports, and any other documentation needed for the award, to the award application.
4. At least on adult on the hike must have a Standard, or better, First Aid Card.
5. All food and equipment must be backpacked for a minimum 5 backpacking hours and sleep a minimum of one night in a trail camp in the area for which the segment is awarded. All trash must be packed out.
6. Each participant earning the award must do a minimum of one hour of work on a “Good Turn” project approved by the administering agency.