RETIRED - Oak Creek - Sedona Rim Hikes Award
RETIRED - Grand Canyon
7'' x 7'' w/ segments
Sedona Rim country is a unique and beautiful area with many rugged canyons, forested slopes and isolated plateaus and mesas. Most hikes in these areas are best as day hikes and lend themselves to small groups (groups of 10 or less). Several hikes can be overnight trips.
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
WILSON MOUNTAIN, EAST POCKET TRAIL, WET BEAVER CREEK, DRY BEAVER CREEK, LOY TRAIL, MOONEY TRAIL, HARDINGS SPRINGS TRAIL, COOKSTOVE TRAIL, THOMAS POINT TRAIL, CASNER CANYON TRAIL, JACKS CANYON-MUNDS MOUNTAIN, SOLDIER PASS TRAIL, VULTEE ARCH-DEVILS BRIDGE, DRY CREEK TRAIL OAK CREEK - SEDONA RIM HIKES
1. Contact the Council for updated pamphlet containing trail descriptions, notes, maps and other useful information.
2. The OAK CREEK - SEDONA RIM patch is earned after completing one overnight hike and the day hikes utilizing "no trace" camping. As additional segment hikes are completed a star pin is to be attached by the name of the segment.
NOTE: Only two hikes have dependable water and the others will require a "dry camp".
1. Wilson Mountain 6 - 8 miles
2. East Pocket Trail 5 - 7 miles
3. Wet Beaver Creek 6 - 8 miles
4. Dry Beaver Creek 6 - 8 miles
5. Loy Trail 10 miles
6. Mooney Trail 12 - 14 miles
7. Harding Springs Trail 1.5 miles
8. Cookstove Trail 1.5 miles
9. Thomas Point Trail 2 miles
10. Casner Canyon Trail 4 miles
11. Jacks Canyon -Munds Mt. 9 - 10 miles
12. Soldier Pass Trail 4 miles
13. Vultee Arch-Devils Bridge 5 - 6 miles
14. Dry Creek Trail 6 miles