Explorer Mountaineering 1-Week Backpack
Greater Los Angeles
6'' x 2''
Complete a 1-week backpacking trek on public lands.
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
1. Hike may be taken on any public lands.
2. Backpack distance of 50 or more miles.
3. No mileage offset for elevation gain.
4. Six days, five nights minimum duration; one layover day in addition is recommended.
5. Participants must be 14 years old or older.
6. Award recipient to have earned two weekend or equivalent awards within 90 days prior to trek.
7. Secure LAAC-HAT approval of a High Adventure Application at least one month prior to departure. A copy of the Trail Profile/Trail Schedule, the menu, and all other relevant planning materials must accompany it.
8. One participating adult must have completed BSA-conducted Adult Leaders Backpack Training.