Broken Arrow Award
4'' x 3''
This award is sponsored by the Tribe of Tahquitz to promote long-term backpacking in the San Gorgonio Wilderness.
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
1. Backpacking and camping must be conducted in San Gorgonio Wilderness.
2. Obtain USFS Wilderness permit for the duration of the backcountry trip.
3. Backpack time of 20 or more hours.
4. Climb five peaks over 10,000 ft. to include San Gorgonio.
5. Sleep three nights in backcountry camps.
6. One of the two adult Scouters must have completed the HAT Basic Backpacking Awareness Course or be a qualified member of the Camp Tahquitz staff.
7. Participate in a “Good Turn” project.
Reference: San Gorgonio Hike Guide