Western Los Angeles County Council
This award was developed for those participants that while engaged in a High Adventure activity get caught in a situation where the visibility is reduced to less than 5 feet distance.
Conditions that can cause the reduction of visibility: rain storm, hail storm, sleet or snow storm, sand storm, fog or low clouds, or any combination of these.
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
1. Must be an approved High Adventure activity which meets all applicable General Requirements.
2. While on the activity have the visibility reduced to less than five (5) feet.
3. Have the agency or its representative of the area you experienced the "whiteout" verify the conditions the unit experienced by signing the tour permit where applicable.
4. This award is retroactive to January 1986.
5. These SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS shall supersede the General Requirements of there is an area of conflict.