Corn Springs Award
3½“ x 3½“
This award was developed by Mr. John Giese of Troop 67 to promote interest in Native American and prospecting history at Corn Spring in the Chuckwalla Mountains.
Map Link (where applicable)
External Reference (where applicable)
1. Hike 6 miles; must be conducted in Chuckwalla mountains.
2. Visit the following sites:
Petroglyphs in the vicinity of Corn Spring campground
Gus Lederer’s cabin
Gus Lederer’s gravesite at Aztec Wells
3. Write report (250 words or more) about one of the following:
Historical significance of Corn Spring petroglyphs
Chemehuevi (Nuwu) tribe history
4. One of the two adult Scouters must have completed the HAT Basic Backpacking Awareness Course.
5. Participate in a “Good Turn” project.
Reference: Corn Spring Hike Guide